This blog is devoted to my adventures abroad at University College Cork, Ireland. I was the George J. Mitchell Peace Scholar for the Fall of 2007. Please feel free to explore this page and the links provided. You can reach me at the contact info listed below. Slainte!

9.11.2007

Picture Post 2 -- A Visual Tour of My New Home!

Ok folks, I know you wanted to see this and really feel like you're here with me, so here is literally a tour of my en suite apartment I'm sharing with 2 other girls.
Welcome to Copley Court! Come on in! Here's our front door.Here's the kitchen/living area we share.

Here is my suite.

See? It really is mine!
Lets go in. I'll show you around.

I have my own shower!!! I don't have to share it with 26 other girls! YES!!!
It's a tiny sink! Obviously I had to take a picture of that!
What's behind the double doors? Could it be...
It's a closet! And a clean, organized one at that!
A tidy little desk, too! YAY! What's behind the drapes...
A door to...
The balcony! Yes folks, I share a balcony with one of the girls I live with. It's cool. By the way, that slab of stones and places to sit is the "courtyard" for the apartment complex I'm in. Can you tell I'm in the city now?!
See the wall on the left? That is the way the old streets and neighborhoods join the "new" places.



Cool looking sign on the back of a building I can see from the balcony...



Last but not least, my favorite place on Earth right now with all the jet-lag -- BED!

Hope you enjoyed your "tour"!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tip for doing laundry: make sure you empty out the lint thing.
If your washers like mine was (and it looks like it) it's an alllllll day thing, and it doesn't dry very well.
Be warned . . . maybe.


And I love the electronic tea kettle.
I forgot how much I missed them until I saw it in the picture.
Make lots of tea!!!!



Your room looks kind of like how mine did, except your bathroom's better than mine was because mine was just the shower head a curtain a toilet and a sink in a realllly little room, so everything got wet.




-Jessss

Katie Rose said...

Thanks Jess! The washer/dryer makes me giggle. It's so little! And about the bathrooms? Yeah, things do get wet. Mine leaks and makes puddles if I don't close it right, but it's MINE so I guess I'm cool with it!

Bisou said...

Wow K-ro I am uber jealous of your mad pad. That is sooo sick. Miss you much and hope all is super!


p.s. Practicum is HELL

meredith said...

Your apartment is sweet! I'm glad you're having an awesome time, love the pictures! I'm in class waiting for other people to finish. But keep posting so I can be jealous and have something to rant about! Much love, mer.

ArchBarn said...

Hi,
So you don't know me but I found your link on the UCC website. I'm studying abroad at UCC next year. I'm really excited, and I was wondering if you had any tips on what apartment/residence hall to live in. Thanks!
-Katlin

Anonymous said...

Good post.