This blog is devoted to my adventures abroad at University College Cork, Ireland. I was the George J. Mitchell Peace Scholar for the Fall of 2007. Please feel free to explore this page and the links provided. You can reach me at the contact info listed below. Slainte!

9.11.2007

Picture Post 1 -- Getting Here

Here are some pictures from my flights to Ireland!


Info/captions are written below the photo.


I began at Boston's Logan Airport, connected in London's Heathrow Airport with a 5 hour layover, and then I took an "airbus" to the airport in Cork, Ireland.


Entering New Hampshire...

The traveling companion I bought at Logan... We hit a little turbulence as we approached England... This is what it looked like when we landed in Heathrow...

But by the time I went through passport checks, customs and security dawn was breaking!


Jet-Lag-R-Us! Don't I look happy about a 5 hour layover?



The gate that my plane "might come in on" as I was told by the woman who checked my pass. It was actually gate 90...whatever. I got there and that's all that matters!



Leaving Heathrow seemed to take forever...



NOTE: It was a very hazy day, so sorry for the grey-looking pictures.

After descending from the clouds this was my first glimpse of Ireland.

Here's a little coast. And a boat! And here's where I started grinning like a goon and got really really excited.

More green! It's hard to tell, but most of the lines you see dividing the properties seemed to be shrubs and trees. It's pretty cool looking.
So yeah. It's true. There are 40 shades of green. And a lot of brown tones, too.
Note the giant cluster of houses towards the top. I have no idea what it is.
Huge quarry? I'm not sure about this one either...
RUNWAY SHOT! I made it! And there is even MORE green!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahhh! I miss it so much!
Have a wonderful time, I can't wait to see more pictures!


<3 jess

Anonymous said...

Oooooooh it looks so awesome!!
>megan<